Charles Gurrey (b. 1953, Thurso) received a Postgraduate Degree from St John’s College, Cambridge in 1981 and a BA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Balliol College Oxford in 1979. Public art projects have been completed at Bletchley Park; Dunorlan Park, Tunbridge Wells; Barry, for the Vale of Glamorgan Council; and Newquay, for the Duchy of Cornwall. Architectural projects include, the West Front sculptures at Guildford Cathedral; signage at Bradford Cathedral; figure work and furniture for York Minster, and various creative projects working with text. He has exhibited at the Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester (2000), Wolseley Fine Arts London (2005) and at the New Art Centre, Roche Court Wiltshire (2008).
© 2018 The Fitzrovia Gallery |